How To Make Irish Coffee
Sometimes coffee just needs a little something special. We, the BeanGenius team, have experimented with various Irish coffee recipes and decided to combine our favorite aspects of all those we’ve tried; thus, we’ve concocted the Ultimate Irish Coffee Recipe. Better yet, we’re sharing the recipe of how to make Irish Coffee with you! Try it out and let us know what you think!
What You’ll Need:
- 15 g. coffee
- 450 oz. boiling water
- Brewing device + filter
- Libbey glass
- 2 sugar cubes
- 1 1/2 oz. Irish Whiskey
- 3/4 oz. heavy whipping cream (whipped to soft peaks – you’ll have leftovers)
How to Make The Coffee:
- Grind 15 grams of coffee to a medium/fine grind.
- Splash filter with boiling water; dispose of water. (This will rid the filter of any odd flavoring.)
- Place coffee in filter and pour a 30 gram bloom. Let all water make it through the grounds before brewing the remaining water.
- Pour another 270 grams of water over the grounds. Let brew.
How to Make the Coffee Irish:
- Fill your Libbey glass with remaining boiling water, then empty and dispose of this water. (This will heat the Libbey glass.)
- Place 2 sugar cubes in the glass.
- Pour hot coffee into glass over sugar cubes until glass is 3/4 full.
- Stir coffee + sugar until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add 1 1/2 oz. Irish whiskey; do not stir.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a bowl (about 3/4 cup per drink).
- Whip the cream until it has some texture, but is still a bit runny (see video above).
- Top drink off with the whipping cream – pour the cream gently over the back side of the spoon, to keep the cream from sinking.